Re: Etoile on Solaris

From: Chris Vetter
Subject: Re: Etoile on Solaris
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:14:27 +0200

On 2006-08-25 12:56:23 +0200 Andreas Höschler <ahoesch@smartsoft.de> wrote:
[...]
> We did that and I can select Azalea from the dtlogin menu now. However, if I
> log in I get a black screen with a xterm window only. If I enter
>       openapp EtoileMenuServer.app

Is your $HOME/.xsession executable?
And does the xterm have window decoration, like Resize, Close, etc?

> in the xterm window I get
>       Critcal Error in EtoileMenuServer
>       NSUndefinedKeyException: Unable to find value for key

Someone else posted a message about this problem a while ago. You might want to
browse through Etoile's discuss list.

> When I try "openapp LookAndBehavior.app" I get
[...]
> We have just installed the latest GNUstep sources (base, gui, back). This did
> not help. Do we have to install Gorm as well for this to work?

No you do not, nib loading is handled by GNUstep. I have never run
LookAndBehaviour.app, so I can only guess. Could be the nib (the .gorm file) is
broken or missing.

> I also have no dock. We were using WindowMaker before and used its dock. I
> guess Azalea has no dock on its own and we have to build GWorkspace to get a
> dock again. Is that correct?

I've seen it mentioned that Azalea has a dock, but I never tried to find out
for sure, as I was using GWorkspace's dock which works reasonably fine.

--
Chris