RE: make on multiprocessor machines

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: RE: make on multiprocessor machines
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 13:30:14 +0200 (CEST)

At the moment it's not really possible to make 'make -j' work because
gnustep-make supports the

before-all
after-all
before-xxx
after-xxx

(and similar) targets.  They are implemented by using the order of
prerequisites for rules,
but in a parallel build you can't rely on that. :-(

There might be ways out by using new make features, but at the moment you
shouldn't expect 'make -j'
to work.

I think to speed up compilation, supporting PCH would be an easier task.
I need to get my hands on a GCC version >= 3.4.x ;-)

Thanks