Re: mixing C++ and Objective C

From: Larry Campbell
Subject: Re: mixing C++ and Objective C
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 10:34:18 -0400

Unfortunately the Foundation headers don't currently compile when included in Objective-C++ modules. I've opened bug #17464 for this.

- lc

On 2006-09-07 14:49:25 +0200 Marko Riedel <markoriedelde@yahoo.de>
wrote:
[...]
> I am looking for a beginner's tutorial on building GNUstep projects
> that
> mix C++ and Objective C, preferably with a section on writing
> GNUmakefiles. What projects have been written with this combination? I
> would like to see some source code to get a feel for how it's done.

Haven't seen one, but you can specifiy

FOOBAR_NAME denotes your (sub)project's name

${FOOBAR_NAME}_C_FILES = $(wildcard *.c)
${FOOBAR_NAME}_CC_FILES = $(wildcard *.cc)
${FOOBAR_NAME}_OBJC_FILES = $(wildcard *.m)
${FOOBAR_NAME}_OBJCC_FILES = $(wildcard *.mm)

If you want to mix C++ with ObjC, or use ObjC++ you will use the
latter.

Note that mixing won't work with GCC < 4.x

 You can look at PopplerKit,
 which is a Objective-C library on top of poppler library in C++.
 http://home.gna.org/gsimageapps/

 Yen-Ju

--
Chris