Re: Connecting file extensions to applications

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Connecting file extensions to applications
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 16:00:19 +0100

On 13 Sep 2006, at 15:53, Andreas Höschler wrote:

Hi all,

how can I make my app to start automatically and open a document file when I doubleclick on a file with a specific extension, e.g. *.project? I have a file CustomInfo.plist in the project directory and listed all document types.

It should be as simple as installing the app in one of the standard locations, then running make_services. I would assume GWorkspace honors the standard mechanism ... but just in case, you could try using gopen to open the file without having GWorkspace running/available.