Linking problem - undefined reference to `__objc_class_name_XGServer'

From: Atanas Atanasov
Subject: Linking problem - undefined reference to `__objc_class_name_XGServer'
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:48:21 +0200

Hi all,

        I am trying to upgrade an application to compile and run under the
latest
GNUstep version but I run into the following problem. In my application I use
directly the XGServer object, which is defined in the backend, but at
link-time I got the following error:

./FontManager.subproj/shared_obj/subproject.o:(.data.rel+0x40): undefined
reference to `__objc_class_name_XGServer'.

        Until now my application was running under gui/back 0.9.0, with
gnustep-backend compiled as a library (configured and compiled
with --disable-backend-bundle) . However in the last few versions I tested,
this option is not working properly, so I can no longer compile the backend
as a library. I described the problem here
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?16453 almost six months ago, but there was no
activity on it so far.

        The question is -  do I have to explicitly say to the linker that it
should
link in the backend bundle, and if yes - how can I do it?

I have found no reference about this problem neither here, nor with Google -
any advice or help will be appreciated.

Best regards,

Atanas Atanasov