Re: AClock fork with republican time

From: Ingolf Jandt
Subject: Re: AClock fork with republican time
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:36:21 +0100

On 2006-11-21 12:31:34 +0100 Gürkan Sengün <sengun@phys.ethz.ch> wrote:
> ... and updates/patches are welcome.
Well, this was not meant to become a feature to be integrated into AClock. I
just read in wikipedia about the republican clock (wondering that it was
completely forgotten whilst metre, kg... are international standard) and asked
myself if I could write one for my desktop. When I looked at the AClock sources
I saw that it could be done in 5 minutes, so I tinkered one for me.

I just sent it to the list as I thought somebody else may have fun with it, too.

> does your 10 hour clock
> integrate with the user interface?
I don't understand. I'll try and attach a screenshot. (It shows 5:66:85 -- you
see it's very easy to read as the numbers also apply to the mins/secs)

<Bildschirmfoto.png>
>i didn't find any gorm files in
> your patch
No, I left all that as it was. I wanted to make just the minimal change. (So
the arc code was not corrected -- I never understood its use anyway, and the
am/pm display was not corrected, only turned off by default, as it's sensless
here )

> yours,
> guerkan

Ingolf

ps:
One question: Do you have a clue why the code always uses constructions like
c=a-b*floor(a/b);
c/=b;
instead of the straitht-forward c=modf(a/b,NULL); ?
(even the fmod should not be needed as the result is only used in
sin/cos(2*pi*c))