Cell editing in TableView

From: Guenther Noack
Subject: Cell editing in TableView
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 12:51:16 +0100

Hi!

I recently wrote a custom NSCell subclass to display and edit
iTunes-like star ratings in a NSTableView. Apart from the obvious
constructor methods, I overrode a -draw... method, the
-trackMouse:at:... method and the -stopTracking:... method. The
-trackMouse:at:... method just assigns the cellFrame to a field in the
cell and then calls itself on the superclass, so that -stopTracking:...
knows the current cell frame when it's clicked and can decide which star
has been clicked.

My problem is: When putting this NSCell in a table row, it works as
expected, but when I double click on it, there's suddenly a text field
in top of it that allows me to change the value as text. I assume this
is caused by the NSCell passing along its mouse events to the table row
or the table. Do you know how to stop this text field from appearing?

Cheers,
Guenther