Re: Cocotron

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: Cocotron
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 02:36:45 +0100

On Jan 4, 2007, at 20:52, Philippe C.D. Robert wrote:
On 24.12.2006, at 13:25, Helge Hess wrote:
For new users there is no point in using libFoundation, I completely agree with that.

I just stumbled over this, OpenDarwin's libFoundation has a new home:

http://www.objc-substrate.org/

Funny, didn't know about this one :-)

My best guess is that they did choose lF because of the BSD like license. Anyways, my opinion is still the same, gstep-base is what people should choose to work with on Linux/Windows. This is what I tell everyone who asks! :-) Though lF is probably easier to start with for people who intend to do a fork (I wonder whether Cocotron Foundation is based on lF?).

The "official" libFoundation (v1.1) is the one included with OGo and I don't see that this will get any major additions in the foreseeable future. Mostly fixes and platform updates.

Greets,
  Helge
--
Helge Hess