Re: FOSDEM: We Need Hardware

From: Sašo Kiselkov
Subject: Re: FOSDEM: We Need Hardware
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:18:18 +0100

Nicolas Roard wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> We need to know who can bring hardware for the fosdem's booth...
> here's what we *need*:
>
> - "public" computers for the booth -- ideally one running windows, one
> running linux/bsd, one running OS X -- could be laptops or not. Those
> mac mini do not take space in a luggage ;-)

Ideally, we could resolve much of these hardware issues using
virtualization - e.g. a single Mac Mini could run OSX + Windows,
effectively eliminating the need for a second machine. The only
remaining question is whether such a machine can run with a dual-head
layout.

Though I can't bring a big machine myself, I would be willing to donate
my old notebook (a crappy iBuddie 533MHz Transmeta and 256MB RAM). Also,
when I'm not doing any talks (I would like to have a single one anyway),
I'm willing to donate also my "new" notebook (a 15'' 1.5GHz Celeron M).
So the sum of hardware from me:

- 1 slow, but functional 533MHz Transmeta (I can install whatever is needed)
- 1 functional newer 1.5GHz notebook (running Linux + Windows in a VM)

--
Saso