Re: FOSDEM 2007 organization - just 4 weeks left!!!

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2007 organization - just 4 weeks left!!!
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 01:58:04 +0100

Le 25 janv. 07 à 15:04, Nicolas Roard a écrit :

On 1/25/07, Helge Hess <helge.hess@opengroupware.org> wrote:
On Jan 22, 2007, at 09:03, hns@computer.org wrote:
> Please look at http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/FOSDEM_2007 what is
> still needed and provide support!

Not having a lot of time, just a few notes.
- Stand Overview
   - do you have a banner?

I think we can reuse the banner we printed last year -- quentin have
it I believe ? (at worse it wouldn't take much effort to print it
again)

I still have this banner. I will bring it unless we decide to print a new one.

I just checked and I have a dozen or so hard cover color leaflets from
two years ago that richard printed; plus a bit of black/white ones.
I'll bring them with me, but obviously it's not enough. Though it's
frankly not a problem to print things even in Bruxelles if we need to.
I think there's some booklets and leaflets left from last year too ?

I have few b&w leaflets of last year too.

- demos
   - who provides the hardware, do you already have organized that?
     - looks like a wishlist which you didn't discuss with anyone
     - most people in the past brought Macs

the devroom talks are interesting, but they are only really
interesting if people outside of ourselves come to hear the talks :-)

So we should really focus on booth demos I think.

I think so.

Ideally, we should have 3 machines *always* available on the stand --
one running windows, one running some unix, one running OS X, and all
with some gnustep apps.

But that's only ideally :) -- I doubt we can have as much machines. So
the first thing, before wishful thinking, is to know *what* hardware
we can have.

I will come with a MacBook.

Cheers,
Quentin.