Re: PDF Viewer

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: PDF Viewer
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 17:53:10 +0100

Hi all,

This description is not very clear. But I guess the most probable reason is that you do not use antialiasing (output device "x11"). gs should be called with the option "-sx11alpha" to enable it.
No, I meant "-sDEVICE=x11alpha"

This helps for reading. Using

        gs -q -sDEVICE=x11alpha

presents the PDF crystal clear on screen. But using this device ghostscript does not write TIFFs and that's what we need if we want to read the pages with NSImage and present them in an image view.

I had a quick glance on PopplerKit/Vindaloo but this thing is a monster (many lines of codes, many dependencies) and probably takes days if not weeks to work through, time I unfortuantely do not have right now. So I am still out of luck (PDFViewer for viewing and printing). :-(

I just tried

gs -dNOPASUE -q -sDEVICE=pngalpha -dBATH -sOutputfile=/home/ahoesch/AAA%d.png Test.pdf

This delivers good results. Bingo! I will follow the gs route.

Thanks a lot to all that responded!

Regards,

  Andreas