[ANNOUNCE] SimpleAgenda

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] SimpleAgenda
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 19:04:21 +0100

Hi all,

As a learning toy, I'm slowly building a simple agenda and calendaring application. I thought about working on an existing application but couldn't find one that fit my goals :

        - learn objective c and gnustep api
        - keep the code simple
        - have fun :o)

SimpleAgenda requires ChronographerSource. It's designed (more or less) to support different stores but, for now, uses a simple Keyed Archive of ChronographerSource's Appointment objects. Recurrent events appear as one-shot events but _will_ work one day and many other problems probably exist but this first release is usable.

You can grab :

        - a slightly patched ChronographerSource (it didn't build unpatched)
        - SimpleAgenda 0.10

http://coyote.octets.fr/pub/gnustep/ChronographerSource.tar.bz2
http://coyote.octets.fr/pub/gnustep/SimpleAgenda-0.10.tar.gz

But beware, memory management is still mysterious to me so the code may hurt your eyes badly !

Any feedback will be appreciated.
Philippe
--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience