Re: Customizable filesystem support for GNUstep

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Customizable filesystem support for GNUstep
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 16:23:01 +0100 (CET)

Thanks ... it looks like the maximum variable name is 30 chars
in tcsh 6.12, even if it is 256 in tcsh 6.14 (the one I had tested on
my system). :-(

So I changed all documentation variables to use 'DOC' instead of
'DOCUMENTATION'.  That is also somewhat consistent with 'APPS'
used instead of 'APPLICATIONS' in the variable names. ;-)

For backwards compatibility, GNUSTEP_DOCUMENTATION, GNUSTEP_DOCUMENTATION_MAN
and GNUSTEP_DOCUMENTATION_INFO will still be defined inside gnustep-make
invocations. :-)

In the future (next 4 years), everyone will be asked to slowly move over to use
the new variable names GNUSTEP_[xxx_]DOC[_yyy].  Those variables are not
available
in gnustep-make v1 so no hurry to move over.

Anyway - let me know if it now works better! ;-)

Thanks