Re: NSCell bug

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: NSCell bug
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 18:09:46 +0100

Hi,

I am still trying to make the latest svn download ready for productive
usage (fixing  bugs). I am currently working on the following problem.
I have a NSTextField with NSNumberFormatter. I have set the delegate of
this text field to my controller object and implemented.

- (void)controlTextDidChange:(NSNotification *)obj
{
        NSLog( <at> "value % <at> ", [valueField objectValue];
}

This logs "value (nil)" when typing numbers into the field.. The
problem is that _cell.has_valid_object_value is NO
(...)

The TextField is validated in textDidEndEditing:
IMO its not a bug :-)
(see Cocoa reference)

You should catch NSControlTextDidEndEditingNotification instead of
NSControlTextDidChangeNotification

I haven't read the spec but I have a Mac. And it definitely validates before posting NSControlTextDidChangeNotification!

Regards,

  Andreas