Linuxtag - was Re: FOSDEM

From: address@hidden
Subject: Linuxtag - was Re: FOSDEM
Date: 27 Feb 2007 09:46:33 -0800

> BTW: what about GNUstep at http://www.linuxtag.org/2007/in Berlin? I
> am not sure if it is too late for participation:
> http://www.linuxtag.org/2007/de/community/projects/cfpro.html

Some more thoughts and facts:

I read through it - here is the link to the english version:
http://www.linuxtag.org/2007/en/community/projects/cfpro/call-for-projects.html

There was a "first" deadline of 23rd feb to apply for participation,
but that is only that we would have some guaranteed participation.
After that we can simply be thrown out because of lack of space...

I think we must submit a description what is planned and they have a
much higher focus on a "professional" look and feel of the booth/stand
("The appearance and layout of your exhibit are very important in
addressing these objectives. A good trade fair stand always offers
more than a jumble of tables and notebooks."). And, it is 3 days where
there must be guaranteed presence of someone at the booth.

It looks like that for free & open source, participation cost is free
- only companies have to pay. So, a good chance to make GNUstep more
popular and known in the public.

So to summarize:
* it is a fair and not a developer's meeting
* location: Berlin
* 30th May - 2nd June (Wed - Sat) - 4 days (!)
* booth (only)
* 30th March deadline for submission of a project so that it is
printed in the official program

IMHO, we should come to a decision and volunteers until end of next
week...

Nikolaus