Re: NSWorkspace -launchedApplications does not track crashed application

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: NSWorkspace -launchedApplications does not track crashed applications
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 00:15:45 -0700

On 3/13/07, Chris Vetter <chris.vetter@gmail.com> wrote:
On 2007-03-13 06:46:44 +0100 Yen-Ju Chen <yjchenx@gmail.com> wrote:
> I notice that if an application terminates abnormally,
> NSWorkspace won't know it and -laucnhedApplications still return that
> application.
[...]

Occasionally (more often than not) I even 'see' applications in that
list that have been started one or two days ago and quit normally.

 Internally, it write a file with launched applications in a temp directory.
 I guess as long as the application is on the file, it is counted as
launched. :)

 Yen-Ju

--
Chris