Re: SimpleAgenda 0.17

From: Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: SimpleAgenda 0.17
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 18:34:01 +0200

Am 15.06.2007 um 12:05 schrieb Philippe Roussel:

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 04:16:50PM -0700, hns@computer.org wrote:
SimpleAgenda can now read iCalendar files (it's very limited but works with files generated by Thunderbird Lightning) locally and over http.
Take a look at the attached 'defaults' for a configuration example.

Looks like we need a Calendar framework.I am still not decided to open
source the one I have built for QuantumSTEP. It is quite similar to
what Calendar Store on 10.5 appears to provide.

Well, if you have some working and useful code, I guess it would nice

Yes, it is woerking (has iCal parser but some issues in calculating recurrences).

to share it if you can.

I still have to get a decision. Since Apple will introduce Calendar Store, it should nevertheless be rewritten to accomodate the new API (which should become public in October). So it is questionable if it makes sense to make my calendar framework now.

Nikolaus