Re: compile error: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lAddressView

From: Zhang Weiwu
Subject: Re: compile error: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lAddressView
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:08:27 +0800

于 Tue, 26 Jun 2007 21:30:37 -0700
"Yen-Ju Chen" <yjchenx@gmail.com> 写道:

> On 6/26/07, Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@realss.com> wrote:
> > 于 Tue, 26 Jun 2007 11:24:28 -0700
> > "Yen-Ju Chen" <yjchenx@gmail.com> 写道:
> >
> > >   Addresses is now hosted in GAP (http://www.nongnu.org/gap/).
> > >   It may work out of box.
> > >   There is another copy in Etoile, which should also work,
> > >   but it is split into framework and application part.
> >
> > Thank you for your help and now I have installed AddressbookKit so
> > that I can continue compile GNUMail
> >
> > And I have compiled and installed GNUMail, 1.2.0_pre3 released in
> > Feb. After asked me if I prefer mbox or maildir, it pop up a
> > message:
> >
> > Critical Error in GNUMail
> >
> > NSRangeException: Index -2147483648 is out of range 1 (in
> > 'objectAtIndex:')
> >
> > Maybe as an End User I should try GNUMail later when 1.2.0 is
> > released which might be more stable? and yet I am not sure if this
> > error is of GNUMail or its library, especially because I installed
> > latest development version of AddressKit (but everything else are
> > installing release version, AddressKit being exception because
> > release version 4.6 doesn't compile)
> >

>   Maybe you can bring it up to GNUMail maillist:
>   I am just curious whether it happens when GNUMail try to import your
> mbox or maildir ?
>   If so, it may be something relating to i18n.
>   It happens to me very long time ago and I haven't have time to look
> into it.

I did 'rm ~/GNUStep/' before running newly installed GNUMail and before
I start X, to make sure newly compiled GNUMail and basic packages have
a clean start environment. So I think it's not importing anything old.

I have set locale to LANG=en_US before I start X. I do this because I am
aware there was many I18N/L10N bugs in GNUStep in general, as I
experienced 1 year ago when I try to run GNUStep the 3rd time to be my
alternative desktop (given up because I cannot solve all Chinese
related problem on my own nor have time to).

I try to make GNUStep as my alternative/default desktop every
year and I gave up 3 times in last 3 years because of bugs. I'd really
like the concept and UI/idea of GNUStep but it's the overwhelming bugs
that holds my horse (or is it just me?). For example yesterday when
I use Ubuntu's GNUStep, it crashed "cleanly" (i.e. all GNUStep
application suddenly quit the same time as if they were slaughtered,
including GWorkspace and TextEdit), making me lost my work in the
middle.