Re: compile error: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lAddressView

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: compile error: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lAddressView
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 06:54:15 +0100

On 27 Jun 2007, at 06:34, Yen-Ju Chen wrote:

 Regarding to your problem of "crashed cleanly the same time",
 the only common thing I can think among all GNUstep applications
 are gdomap and gdnc.
 I am not sure the crash of gdomap or gdnc will
 bring down all GNUstep applications.

A crash of gdomap certainly won't bring applications down. I don't think a crash of gdnc will either. A crash of the X server probably will though, but that will kill other (non-GNUstep) apps too.

The only thing I know of which will kill all GNUstep apps and no other apps is if something deliberately targets them ... eg. if all the gnustep apps are launched by the same process (eg a workspace application) and that application (or something other program) kills the entire process group.