Re: Weird color problem with GNUstep/Etoile

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Weird color problem with GNUstep/Etoile
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 18:10:50 +0200

Hi all,

Azalea is started and the fail safe terminal gets its window border as
expected, but this window title is some weird green, definitely not
normal.

I think it is caused by Azalea, which does *not* use AppKit for drawing.
  Can you test with OpenBox3 window manager (icculus.org/openbox).
  Azalea is ported from OpenBox3 and use the same drawing mechanism.

As mentioned in my other mail, the problem occurs also when I log into a GNOME session and just do

        openapp Typewriter  (or any other GNustep application)

Azalea is not started in this case so I doubt that it has to do with Azalea. It must have to do with some recent changes in back. GNUstep used to work on Solaris x86. :-(

I am just installing the lastest source (from scratch) on a SPARC machine to see whether I get the same problem there.

Regards,

  Andreas