Re: Open URL in NSWorkspace

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Open URL in NSWorkspace
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 04:30:19 -0700

On 3 Aug., 06:01, "Fabien VALLON" <fab...@sonappart.net> wrote:
> GNUstep runs after Cocoa since 8 years.
> What does it gain for Open Source users ?

Runs on your favourite Open Source machine, i.e. Linux, *BSD.
Runs on Windows.
Runs on embedded devices.

> Nothing !
>
> When the Leopard will be there , GNUstep will have 5 years of work,
> introducing new bugs, new badly design stuff etc ....

I have an offer for you: there is mySTEP/QuantumSTEP which is sort of
a playground version of GNUstep to run on embedded devices - and - has
the aim to be compatible to 10.4 (and 10.5 as soon as it is official).

It already has an implementation of -openURL: (which was the original
topic):
http://www.quantum-step.com/download/sources/mySTEP/AppKit/Sources/NSWorkspace.m

So, please help Fred to implant that in the official GNUstep project
instead of complaining that GNUstep is 5 years behind...

Nikolaus