NSWindow resize issue

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: NSWindow resize issue
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 17:57:29 +0200

Hi all,

while working on GSDock I encountered a window resize problem that does only occur under GNUstep. The application works as expected under MacOSX, but under GNUstep there seems to be some kind of update problem when the dock window and contentView is resized.

I encounter this problem when I first start GSDock and then any other GNUstep application. The dock should be resized to hold the additional icon. The relevant portion of code is here:

- (void)resizeDock
{
    frameRect.size.width = cellSize.width;
    frameRect.size.height = cellSize.height * [self numberOfRows];

    NSLog(@"numberOfRows %d", [self numberOfRows]);
    NSLog(@"frameRect.size %@", NSStringFromSize(frameRect.size));

    [[self window] setFrame: frameRect display:NO animate:NO];
    [self setCellSize: cellSize];
    [self setNeedsDisplay:YES];
    NSLog(@"window %@", NSStringFromRect([[self window] frame]));
    NSLog(@"dock %@", NSStringFromRect([self frame]));
}

The logs show the correct new size but the display is not refreshed accordingly. Can anybody confirm this behaviour/problem on his machine/installation?

I am just getting lost in back trying to figure out how this is supposed to work. I suspect the responsible piece of code to be in

        pico ./back/Source/x11/XGServerWindow.m

        - (void)placewindow:(NSRect)rect :(int)win;

but I would appreciate to hear that this happens on other machines/installations as well before I get any deeper into the water. I have attached the GSDock sources.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

  Andreas