Re: New ProjectCenter Icons

From: Dr . H . Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: New ProjectCenter Icons
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:22:22 +0200

1. if you select a target/action connection in GORM, directly switch with the source file of the action method

I should add why this is IMHO so important:

The traditional model assumes that you design an application from scratch, then use IB/GORM to build the interface and finally you develop the code.

(My) reality is that there is an existing application where new features are requested. This means adding menu items and buttons.

Adding items&buttons consists of two parts: adding to the NIB file and implementing an IBAction method. To do this step, I have to switch between two different applications although it is logically the same task.

Adding a new view is even more complex:
* open the .h file
* add IBOutlet to the controller @interface
* save in Xcode
* switch to IB
* load the header file
* drag a connection
* save in IB
* switch to Xcode
* open the .m file
* start to add code

If you do this for four of five items, you are permantently switching applications which I think could be windows or even Tabs in a single application.