[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Site Redesign (was: Objective-C 2.0 and other new features in Leopar

From: Jesse Ross
Subject: Re: Site Redesign (was: Objective-C 2.0 and other new features in Leopard)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 16:19:33 -0600

I guess I didn't explain that point too well. What I was trying to say is that image size detracts from the other contents on the page. I agree that we should have GNUstep images on the homepage, just not that big. When reading the content you had on that mock- up (I'm just curious that way) my eyes couldn't help creeping to that image every few seconds, and, in my opinion, this shouldn't happen. The emphasize should be on the "description", "news", and possibly "how to contribute" part of the page.

Ah, good point. It's probably worth tweaking then.

I'm like you though, the first I do when checking a website is take a look at the screenshots, but after I already know how something looks I rarely go back to it next time I visit the site. So, assuming a visit a project 10 times, I would only look at the screenshots 10% of the time I visit the site (and that would be the first time), the other 90% of the times I go back, all I really want to know is what's going on with the project.

True... but if the image on the home page changes every week, then you may end up visiting the screenshots page more often than that ;)

Also, now that we're discussing the site redesign, what needs to happen next? Who currently maintains the site? Who is making the final decision about what gets included on the site (particularly the home page)? What server-side software do we have available (PHP would be nice... Python is needed for Planet)? When do we want to try to get this launched? Obviously I'd like to be involved, but it would be nice to have a team of others managing things like updating the API docs, compiling a list of applications and screenshots, and providing text for the pages.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]