Re: So, honestly, is GNUStep a viable development option?

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: So, honestly, is GNUStep a viable development option?
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 00:11:52 +0100

On 15.11.2007, at 00:04, Gregory John Casamento wrote:
If you could enumerate some advantages, aside from that, that forums have over mailing lists, that would be nice.

We've found that people either like forums or mailing lists. Its a matter of preference and the spread seems to be ~ 50/50. Though I would tend to assume that *developers* are usually not using forums (though I know some [one ;-)]).

Having both is certainly a good thing, by only having one of the two you lock out quite a percentage of the other group. [and this doesn't mean that mailing list guys need to support forums, just having a forum for forums users is a good thing :-)]

Greets,
  Helge

PS: The advantages of forums should be pretty obvious ...