[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ANN: SOGo v1.0 RC2
ANN: SOGo v1.0 RC2
Tue, 27 Nov 2007 19:00:39 -0500
The Inverse Team is pleased to announce the second release candidate (RC2) of
Scalable OpenGroupware.org (SOGo).
=== What is SOGo ===
SOGo is a free and modern scalable groupware server. It offers shared
calendars, address books and emails through your favorite Web browser or by
using a native client such as Mozilla Thunderbird and Lightning.
SOGo is standard-compliant and supports CalDAV, CardDAV, GroupDAV and reuses
existing IMAP, SMTP and database servers - making the solution easy to deploy
and interoperable with many applications.
SOGo features :
* Scalable architecture suitable for deployments from dozen to many thousand
* Rich Web-based interface that shares the look and feel, the features and the
data of Mozilla Thunderbird and Lightning
* Improved integration with Mozilla Thunderbird and Lighthing by using the
* Two-way synchronization support with any SyncML-capable devices (BlackBerry,
Palm, Windows CE, etc.) by using the Funambol SOGo Connector
and many more! SOGo and our connectors are completely free.
=== Getting SOGo ===
SOGo is free software and is distributed under the GNU GPL. As such, you are
free to download and try it by either getting the newly released snapshot from :
or by getting the sources from the official SVN server :
Documentation about the installation and configuration of SOGo is available
You can also try our online SOGo demo at :
Finally, you can also download our SOGo Connector for Mozilla Thunderbird /
Lighthing and our SOGo Connector for Funambol at :
These connectors allow a good integration with Mozilla Thunderbird, Lightning
and your favorite mobile devices.
=== Changes from the previous release ===
* the user password is no longer transmitted in the url when logging in
* SOGo will no longer redirect the browser to the default page when a specific
location is requested before login
* it is now possible to specify a sequence of LDAP attributes/values pairs
required in a user record to enable or prevent access to the Calendar and/or
* many messages can be moved or copied at the same time
* replying to mails in the Sent folder will take the recipients of the
original mails into account
* complete review of the ACLs wrt to the address books, both in the Web UI and
through DAV access
* invitation from Google calendar are now correctly parsed
* it is now possible to search events by title in the Calendar module
* all the writable calendars are now listed in the event edition dialog
* countless bugfixes...
=== How can I help ? ===
The product is in constant evolution. You can provide your help to make SOGo
better by contributing on various areas such as :
* Testing and bug reports! (you can use http://sogo-demo.inverse.ca)
Feel free to send us your questions. You can also post them to the SOGo mailing
=== Getting Support ===
For any questions, do not hesitate to contact us by writing an email to :
Inverse offers profesionnal services around SOGo to help organizations deploy
the solution and migrate from their legacy systems.
T: +1 514 989-2000 ext. 2602 C: +1 514 755-3520
AVIS - Ce courriel pourrait contenir des renseignements confidentiels ou
privilégiés. Si vous n'en êtes pas le véritable destinataire, veuillez nous
aviser immédiatement. Merci.
NOTICE - This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately. Thank you.
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- ANN: SOGo v1.0 RC2,
Wolfgang Sourdeau <=