Re: No FOSDEM 2008 stand/devroom this year: new Plans for GNUstep-Dev-Me

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: No FOSDEM 2008 stand/devroom this year: new Plans for GNUstep-Dev-Meeting & How to attract General Public
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 15:26:21 +0000

On Nov 28, 2007 2:35 PM, Gregory John Casamento
<greg_casamento@yahoo.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm extremely disappointed in this news.
>
> While I see it as a setback, I also see it as confirmation of what we
> discussed earlier.  We really aren't marketing ourselves well and we
> desperately need to change that, as we discussed these past few weeks.    Out
> of every bad thing comes something good and the good that may come out of
> this is that we shouldn't focus on a show at FOSDEM we should focus on (not
> in order of priority):
>
> On the marketing side...
> ==================
> 1) Getting the website changed as we discussed.
> 2) Creating the official forums.
> 3) Updating documentation and examples so that they are current and
> correspond with what GNUstep is today

Who is in charge of all that ?

> On the software side...
> =================
> 1) Making GNUstep easier to install  (RPMs, DEBs, etc)
> 2) Theming
> 3) Completing existing features.

idem -- who are the packagers ?

> And all of the other things we've discussed recently.
>
> BTW, the meeting in Frankfurt sounds like a good idea.   I very much want to
> be there this year.  I will get back to you on timing.

idem, I'm really disappointed we could'nt even get a _stand_ !!
Ideally we should try to get at least a lightning talk. London is now
even closer to bruxelles ;-) so I'll probably go anyway to the fosdem,
stand or not, and if we can give lightning talks on gnustep and
etoile, that'd be great..
Organizing a big gnustep meeting (a pendant to last summer's
alpenstep) would be awesome as well, and quite likely more useful for
the project than a booth at the fosdem. Any volunteer to start
organizing that ? :)

--
Nicolas Roard