Re: Maintainers for Ladder and LapisPuzzle?

From: Barry deFreese
Subject: Re: Maintainers for Ladder and LapisPuzzle?
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:54:48 -0500

Yavor Doganov wrote:
On 2008-02-25 18:57:25 +0100 Yavor Doganov <yavor@gnu.org> wrote:
Ladder and LapisPuzzle are scheduled for removal from Debian:

<http://bugs.debian.org/466123>
<http://bugs.debian.org/466125>
the two bugs appear to be the same for both applications?

They are similar but not identical. In Debian every request for removal must be filed as a separate bug.

If anybody wants to contribute some patches to fix the biggest shortcomings like key bindings, I can apply them into GAP repository,

Barry, could you please summarize the disturbing things? If they are easy to fix, perhaps it is worth trying. (The packages themselves could be maintained by the GNUstep team, if the Games team doesn't want them.)

The main issue (besides lapispuzzle.app being unplayable since none of the keys work) is that they were just never finished. Almost all of the menu options don't do anything. I can probably get them in the games team if they are fixed but are they worth it? I don't even understand the point of ladder.app.
if somebody events wants to join GAP and mantain them, evenn betterl. let me know.

Thanks for the offer.

Thanks,

Barry deFreese