Re: Central GNUstep software index?

From: Riccardo
Subject: Re: Central GNUstep software index?
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 00:32:34 +0200

Hi,

PLEASE try to add/update things! I haven't seen any change requests so
far and this experience is important for your evaluation.

I think the idea is nice. It doesn't look even that bad on my computer, so I guess it is font/browser dependant. Sure, a bit of color and style tweaking can be used as well as some logos.

As far as the content, I'd say:

- the licenses should be more specific? Recent discussions stirred up for "GPLv2", GPLv2+ LGPL...". Maybe two licenses possible for each project too - Somebody already proposed the "umbrella project" Not always there is a single author - two rss feed aggregation? Sourceforge offers a news and a file RSS which could be aggregated

 languages available could be of interest too.

If changes can be checked by a couple of admins so that updates and additions can be everyone's effort, it sounds good.

More ideas will coem with use.

Riccardo

PS: everything should be done in GnustepWeb to show our power, but let's not overdo it.