Re: How to get a running GNUstep desktop ?

From: Rubens_Septimus
Subject: Re: How to get a running GNUstep desktop ?
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 09:46:37 -0700 (PDT)

Wolfgang Lux wrote:

> Riccardo Mottola wrote:
>
>> I think your GNUstep.sh/GNUstep.csh is not sourced correctly or,
>> worse, your environment is getting reset.
>> I get a similar error when I try to do "sudo make install" where
>> sudo (partially) resets the environment.
>
> For that reason I have got accustomed to using the slightly more
> complicated
>
>    sudo make install DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH"   (on OS X)
>    sudo make install LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"       (other
> platforms)
>
> Wolfgang

I am about to rebuild all cleanly applying your method :
 sudo make install LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
Because I could build something with sudo and others with sudo -s, but with
many warnings and really can't get nothing finally working well together :
GWorkspace freeze, GNUMail preferences don't show, and so on.  Maybe bundles
or libraries are not correctly linked. Don't know. I wonder I should use
GNUstep svn and not startup...

See you all later; after a rebuild them all... :working: