Suitability for production code?

From: Gregory Weston
Subject: Suitability for production code?
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 13:22:24 -0400

This is an overly blunt question, but my timeframes right now are
shorter than I'd like. I've used NeXTstep a bit and Cocoa extensively
but I'm new to GNUstep. A client to whom I cannot sell a Mac, but who
has embraced Linux, has approached me to write the replacement for an
old Windows app - written with Borland's Delphi environment - and I'd
prefer to use an OpenStep derivative this time around. So I have,
literally this week, begun poking at GNUstep. The app is algorithmically
simple - and I have the benefit of being intimately familiar with the
Delphi app, having written it as an employee - but needs to be
bullet-proof.

What I'm really looking for is opinions, anecdotes, etc on how stable
and robust the GNUstep version of Foundation is. I know I'm up to it
because I've already done it, but GNUstep's my unknown. Can I trust this
as the base for a mid-volume server (say 50,000 transactions per day),
heavily threaded with response windows measured in centiseconds, and
uptime that needs to be very close to 100%?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Greg

--
"Harry?" Ron's voice was a mere whisper. "Do you smell something ... burning?"
   - Harry Potter and the Odor of the Phoenix