Re: gnustep debian app developer env setup (help needed)

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: gnustep debian app developer env setup (help needed)
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 10:36:45 -0800

Indeed.  And I don't have any experience with gsweb /and/ sope being
installed on the same system.  I would assume that there would be
conflicts as the provide partially the same API (ie headers).

Thanks to point out this. I do need 2 machines then.

I assume this conflict is because sope uses libFoundation while gsweb uses gnustep-base?

I have a patch in to the opengroupware folks to moves libFoundation to gnustep-make V2, which appears to avoid conflict with gnustep-base.  I was able to compile sope cleanly with the patch, but I don't really know how to use sope so could not test.

The opengroupware developers have also been working on moving to gnustep-base, apparently the system compiles but has runtime errors.

cheers
Scott