Re: GSL and GNUStep

From: Tommy Nordgren
Subject: Re: GSL and GNUStep
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 16:12:14 +0100

15 nov 2008 kl. 13.01 skrev David Chisnall:

On 15 Nov 2008, at 03:51, Tommy Nordgren wrote:

By default the gsl headers and libraries are stored in /usr/local/ include and /usr/local/lib

The location of header and library files is highly OS / distribution- specific. It's /usr/local/include/gsl and /usr/local/lib on FreeBSD.

So it is on my system too, but you should pass -I/usr/local/include to the compiler with that path.
GSL headers are normally referred to in source as:
#include <gsl/some_gsl_header.h>
It is almost always better to use pkg_config than to hard-code the include and library paths. Something along the lines of this will generally be better:

${TOOL_NAME}_LDFLAGS += `pkg-config gls --libs`
${TOOL_NAME}_CPPFLAGS += `pkg-config gls --cflags`

David

Engineers supporting greenpeace: Comparable to Afroamericans who wants to join the Ku Klux Klan
Tommy Nordgren
tommy.nordgren@comhem.se