Re: Return key in gnustep-startup-0.22.0

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Return key in gnustep-startup-0.22.0
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 20:54:59 +0100

Germán André Arias Santiago wrote:
> Hi, I have installed gnustep-startup-0.22.0 in Ubuntu 8.04. But, I have
> a problem with return key. For example in GWorkspace, if I select an
> archive and select "Open with ..." in the option "File". I write the
> app's name, and press Tab to select the "Ok" button. But, when I press
> the return key, I hear a beep. Then, I need do a clic with the mouse. I
> have this problem with others apps. I hadn't this problem with previos
> release. And, I don't know if is a bad configuration or a bug.

This behaviour is rather strange. Normally you wouldn't even have to got
to the OK button via tabs, the return key should work on it as it is the
default button of the panel. I just tried this with Ink and it works
here. So most likely this is a problem specific to your environment.
Either your return key is just not working, which you would have
noticed, wouldn't you? Or something in your configuration remaps that key.

Fred