Re: Can this be ported to GNUstep?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Can this be ported to GNUstep?
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:09:49 +0100

Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:
> This SIP VoIP program is obviously written using Cocoa:
>
> telephone - Google Code
>
> <http://code.google.com/p/telephone/>
>

> What do you think? Can it be ported to GNUstep?

The only way to tell is to look at the source code. Which libraries and
frameworks get used? Are these available outside of Cocoa?

Problems I did see by looking at just one file (AKTelephone.m):

#import <pjsua-lib/pjsua.h>

@dynamic delegate;

@synthesize accounts;

@synchronized(self) {

And the corresponding header uses:

@property(nonatomic, readwrite, assign) id <AKTelephoneDelegate> delegate;

We will need compiler support for all these ObjC 2.0 features and I am
not sure for which we already have it, or expect to get it from an
upcoming gcc release.

Fred