Re: ProjectCenter and Gorm won't load

From: photocdn
Subject: Re: ProjectCenter and Gorm won't load
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 18:10:47 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the replies guys.
The problem was in fact, me. I had an older version of Startup on my disk,
and I must have CD'd into that directory and built from there. I decided to
start fresh (the proper Startup v0.22 this time), and noticed this. Having
said that, there were a few more quirks. Gorm launched fine, but
ProjectCenter v 0.50 was still causing problems, generating a seg fault at
startup. Note, I was using openapp to launch it. I realized launching PC
from within the build directory would open the program properly, but once
launched it was not able to open projects nor create new ones. I noticed PC
installs in /usr/GNUstep/System/Applications, and the version 0.43 would
install under /usr/GNUstep/Local/Applications. Also, when I built GNUstep, I
specified a prefix of /usr/GNUstep, as it seems the default is now
/usr/lib/GNUstep. I copied ProjectCenter.framework and ProjectCenter.app to
/usr/GNUstep/...... and it now launches ok, can open projects and create new
ones. Am I missing any other resources that should be copied over ? It would
be nice to be able to override the install directory when running make. I
guess it could be done by overriding the GNUstep system environment
variable?

For the record, the other Startup was version 0.18 (I believe, I don't have
my laptop here) and the problem was in NSBundleAdditions.m, where
loadNibNamed was failing for some reason.

Cheers
Steven