Re: [ANN] FísicaLab 0.1 released

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: [ANN] FísicaLab 0.1 released
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 16:46:12 -0500

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Germán Arias <german@xelalug.org> wrote:
Description
===========

FísicaLab is an educational application to solve physics problems. Is
made with GNUstep and use the GSL libraries (GNU Scientific Library).
The problems are setting adding elements from the palette to chalkboard,
and writing the data of each element. The elements are objects as
Blocks, Pulleys, Mobiles, Forces, ... . Use the SI and English systems,
scientific notation and many conversion factors. The problems that can
be solved with FísicaLab 0.1, are:

- Kinematics of particles (doesn't include circular motion).
- Static of particles in 2D.
- Dynamic of particles in 2D (doesn't include dynamic of circular
motion).

The static and dynamic problems are entered constructing the free body
diagrams of the objects. Although FísicaLab is easy and intuitive, we
recommend you read the help files first before set any problem. You can
access these files in the option menu Info -> Help.

Hmm... Interesting!  I'll need to give this app a shot whenever I get a chance.  I'm a Mechanical Eng so I should be able to find some use for this...

Stefan