Re: is the bad performance because of backend and how could I change bac

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: is the bad performance because of backend and how could I change backend?
Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 22:12:32 +0200

The problem with the xlib backend you are experiencing is most likely
due to it being of a different version than the gui library you
installed from the Debian repository. According to your mail the xlib
backend is version 0.16, which version are the other two backends you
have installed?

The slowness you describe doesn't seem widget related to me. It looks
rather like interprocess communication, especially with the X server is
slow on your machine. (OK point 5. of your list may be different)
If this is correct a different backend wont change anything, as they all
have a very similar way to interface with X.

Fred