Re: newbie user difficulty in managing dockapp

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: newbie user difficulty in managing dockapp
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 19:16:37 +0100

> I tried right now the following, under Linux, x86, WindowMaker, art backend.
>
> - openapp TimeMon
> - drag it into WindowMaker's dock
> - quit

...so at this point you have run it once and quit...

> - double click on the icon with three dots that remained in the dock
> - enjoy TimeMon in all its glory again

...and now you are running it a second time and it works.

This is exactly what we see, it works fine the 2nd time. The bug is that
it doesn't display the *first* time in the dock. try dragging it to
your dock, marking it as permanent and then quitting out of X11. Now restart
X, and there it is in your dock not running. Click on it to start it, and
see what happens...

I bet a euro that you get the same effect as we do - i.e. it runs but no
animated icon. Then quit it and click again to start, and the second time
it works fine.

-pete.