Re: bugs in Terminal.app

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: bugs in Terminal.app
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 09:56:41 +0200

Zhang,

> Probably I should file bugs on
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=gap but there are only two
> existing bug report there which give me the impression that bugs are not
> tracked there (is it tracked on per-subproject basis?)

That is the correct place where to report bugs for GAP hosted applications
and projects.
What you see is the general lack of interest in OpenSource projects, people
complain easily on blogs and mailing lists, few report bugs, almost no one
fixes them.

I use Terminal.app every day. It works fine for me.
The console emulation code comes directly from the Linux kernel.

>     * Terminal does not allow copy while scrolling, makes it not
>       possible to copy more than a screenful of data.
That is a missing feature, not strictly a bug.

>     * It seems acting slower than I could do. e.g. when I run vim,
>       ctrl+w j often does not work. "ctrl+w, wait a second, j" works.
I use vim as my preferred console editor, I have no such problems it works
smooth.

>     * man page not readable (see attached screenshot where I put xterm
>       as comparison)
I just tried and I can use man just fine here, no funny characters. I have
never seen your problem, sorry.

Riccardo