are there people actually using GNUMail?

From: Zhang Weiwu
Subject: are there people actually using GNUMail?
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 09:18:35 -0500

Because I don't think it is workable, yet it is included in almost every distribution and seems to have a fame.

It crashes when choosing to reply to "Everyone";
It displays characters in compose window at 1/2 speed I can type;
It doesn't support thread view (as Thunderbird has) or going to the next email in this thread (as Apple mail has); It sometimes have wired behavior, e.g. typing 'i' after 'f' causes both letter erasered. A lot of strange design. e.g. you have to do a "f-ind all" (you know why I type a dash between f and i) before using "Previous" and "Next", most newbie wouldn't get this (in case this is really logical, the button "F-ind all" should be vertically above "Previous" and "End" to give user the idea of their relationship.

Can those who actually use GNUMail nowadays post a message and share experience?