Re: Issue with NSLanguages in startup 0.23.0

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Issue with NSLanguages in startup 0.23.0
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 20:21:26 +0100

On 2 Jun 2009, at 19:15, Germán Arias wrote:

If I write into a shell

defaults write NSGlobalDomain NSLanguages "(Spanish)"

this is write in .GNUstep.conf file, but after the definition of
NSGlobalDomain. In other words, there are two NSGlobalDomain definition. The first with my keys configuration, location, .... and the second only with the language. Of course when I run an app this run then in english.
I need write manually the language in the first NSGlobalDomain
definition and erase the second. With this all work fine. But why? On
Windows work fine.

I think you need to provide step by step instructions to tell us how to reproduce the problem you are seeing, and explain in some more detail.

The reason I say this is that I clearly don't understand what you mean, and my interpretation of your words makes no sense: You say 'this is write in .GNUstep.conf file' ... but GNUstep only reads from GNUstep.conf, it doesn't write to it. You say 'there are two NSGlobalDomain definition' ... but the defaults are stored as an NSDictionary written to file ('GNUstep/ Defaults/.GNUstepDefaults' in the current implementation, though this is likely to change), and it's impossible to have two values stored with the same ('NSGlobalDomain') key in the dictionary.