NSView drawing in tool

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: NSView drawing in tool
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 23:33:02 +0200

Hi all,

I have a tool (service) that is supposed to generate PNG images using NSView drawRect and

NSBitmapImageRep *rep = [[NSBitmapImageRep alloc] initWithFocusedViewRect:[mapView bounds]];

When running this tool and calling the above method (NSView, NSImage stuff,...) I get

GSFontInfo.m:71 Assertion failed in GSFontEnumerator(class), method sharedEnumerator. Called with fontEnumeratorClass unset. The shared NSApplication instance must be created before methods that need the backend may be called.

OK, I modified my main.m to call

      [NSApplication sharedApplication];

before starting the event loop with [[NSRunLoop currentRunLoop] run], but this gives me

/opt/GNUstep/Local/Tools/OSMMapServer: Uncaught exception WindowServerCommunication, reason: Unable to connect to X Server `'

What am i missing?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

  Andreas