Default Sounds

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Default Sounds
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 12:53:59 +0100

Hi Everyone,

Stef has been doing some good work on making NSSound actually work, so I wonder if it's time to start thinking about providing a set of default sounds. On OS X, you have 14 sounds[1] provided by the system (/System/Library/Sounds), and a lot of OS X applications expect these to exist.

It would be nice if GNUstep could include a set of (appropriately- licensed) sounds with the same names. I wonder if anyone has had any thoughts about possible sounds we could ship.

David

[1] Named:

Basso, Blow, Bottle, Frog, Funk, Glass, Hero, Morse, Ping, Pop, Purr, Sosumi, Submarine, Tink