Re: GNUstep + Trisquel

From: Frederico Muñoz
Subject: Re: GNUstep + Trisquel
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 23:34:07 +0100

Hi,

I'm a mere spectator, but still...

2009/8/6 Germán Arias <german@xelalug.org>:
> Some days ago, people of project Trisquel (http://trisquel.info/en)
> contact me asking to information about GNUstep in spanish. They have
> just started a project to build a desktop based entirely on GNUstep and
> under GPL to its distribution (they would like become it part of the GNU
> Project). As I understand they want GWorkspace (or a fork of this) as
> the base of this project and they want use GAP. I am not quite clear yet
> what they have in mind, but I will post later more information. Or you
> can see on the list trisquel-devel (in spanish).

This could be interesting; for the rest of the list, Trisquel
GNU/Linux is well-known and respected (if I'm not mistaken is is
linked with several Universities in Galiza, Spain), even on this side
of the border. Even if only as a side-project it would surely bring
some interesting discussions and, well, code ;)

The GNUstep-as-a-desktop field has Étoilé, Backbone and GAP (more or
less, I think, even if not a desktop environment the applications
themselves are crucial), each with a different focus and objectives,
and all of them had a positive impact in GNUstep proper.

Cheers,

Frederico