Re: Working on menu

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Working on menu
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 13:10:26 +0200

Germán Arias schrieb:
> Hi, I would like have menus like this (see attached image). If you are
> agree, I can work on this. Even add background images to menus (I see
> this more complex, but I think that would be nice). What do you think
> about this? Regards.

I am not sure I understand, where you are aiming. To me this looks like
a theme for NSMenu, which uses different background colours and doesn't
highlight the selected menu item. If this is all that you want, it
should be fairly easy to extract The background colour method of
NSMenuItemCell into a theme method plus similar code in GSTitleView to
support themes.
This is all fine for me, as long as it does not change the default menu
look (although I don't like that myself).

Fred