Re: GNUstep @ FOSDEM 2010 6th and 7th February 2010

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: GNUstep @ FOSDEM 2010 6th and 7th February 2010
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 01:21:56 -0700 (PDT)

> I think we may just not ask for the stand this year... just ask for a
> dev-room. And only do a few talks (i.e., "State of GNUstep 2010") and
> keep hacking the rest of the time.
> Put posters pointing to the dev room in the hallway, and that's it!

When looking at the recent growth of new members of this list, I think
there is a lot of more interest in GNUstep than before. Probably by
new iPhone developers who want to extend their newly gained experience
to GNUstep and want to learn what it is and how it can be used
uefully.

Therefore, we should have some "Introduction to GNUstep & tutorial"
talk that is done only once every day (e.g. Sat 14:00, Sun 14:00).
This needs a DevRoom and is IMHO more important than a stand. And it
should be the only formal "presentation" we do. All other activities
can be code sprints, hacking, discussing, meeting, etc. We can also
set up a "demo & brochures" corner.

And, lingering around all the day in a devroom may be more healthy
than manning a stand in the cold hallway with a air-conditioner in the
back :)

Nikolaus