Re: 100 days until FOSDEM

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: 100 days until FOSDEM
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 11:45:03 +0100

Hi,

Robert J. Slover wrote:
Or, something with a more catchy title?  Perhaps:

Filling the GAP: GNUstep Application Project Seeks New Apps and Maintainers

@proposal: GAP: an Application Suite for GNUstep
@proposal: GAP: an Application Collection for GNUstep
@proposal: GAP: User Applications for GNUstep

your title ends up being similar to the one of the last year talk, where I just did a mass-presentation of GAP Apps. I don't know if it is a good idea to repeat such a talk?
Compared to last year, GAP gained applications but no new maintainers...

Maybe we can select just certain apps?

GAP poses also an accent on portability, several of its apps run on Macintosh and/or on Windows. Perhaps those can be used to demonstrate our cross-platform capabilities.

Another idea would be a talk about Theming. More end-user oriented. The last year about theming was very technical, interesting but only for developers. Now we have something to show the end-user: Thematic to modify Pixmap themes. a Preference module to set them user-wide, a way to set them per-application and that without resorting to the command line.

It could be half part of a talk, another half could be still dedicated to more devloper topics, held perhaps by Richard himself again

Riccardo