Re: 100 days until FOSDEM

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: 100 days until FOSDEM
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 10:29:42 +0000

On 31 Oct 2009, at 10:45, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

Hi,

Robert J. Slover wrote:
Or, something with a more catchy title?  Perhaps:

Filling the GAP: GNUstep Application Project Seeks New Apps and Maintainers

@proposal: GAP: an Application Suite for GNUstep
@proposal: GAP: an Application Collection for GNUstep
@proposal: GAP: User Applications for GNUstep

your title ends up being similar to the one of the last year talk, where I just did a mass-presentation of GAP Apps. I don't know if it is a good idea to repeat such a talk? Compared to last year, GAP gained applications but no new maintainers...

A few years ago I was at a conference where one of the Linux kernel devs did an 'adopt a driver' talk, discussing how drivers ended up without maintainers, how other people could take them over, what was involved, and why it is useful. I think maintaining a GAP app is probably a bit easier than maintaining a Linux driver, so possibly it's worth doing a similar talk and seeing if you can get some new maintainers?

David

-- Send from my Jacquard Loom