Harfbuzz?

From: oren
Subject: Harfbuzz?
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 12:11:37 -0800 (PST)

Should we start optionally merging it with our CTL engine? The main
advantage is to make use of many shaper for many languages. It was
said to be a separated lib in Fedora 13 (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/
Features/Harfbuzz) though I'm currently investigating it (for
blender). Looking for someone to discuss about how this should be
done, as I am not sure that it could be well integrated into the
layout manager, if not, may be we should extract the shaper binding
part and maintain our own chunk of harfbuzz code.